Who wouldn't want to have whiter teeth? Having a set of white, shiny teeth makes you feel confident when you interact with others. It also affects the way those you interact with perceive you. Shiny White teeth are often looked at as a sign of youth, success, and attractiveness, while the opposite is true for…
An Inside Look At Teeth Whitening Treatments
Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (510) 240-7262 today to reach You Smile Dental.
If you need to improve your smile, a teeth whitening may be just what you have been looking for -- You Smile Dental can drastically improve the appearance of your smile in time for your wedding or any other special event. As a dental office, we understand you have several options to choose from when…
Oral cancer is described as one of the deadliest types of cancer. It is a deadly health condition with one of the highest mortality rates in the world. Men are more at risk of this cancer than women. Worse still, the risk increases with age. If you have been previously diagnosed with neck or head…
The dental implant has become one of the most effective restorative procedures for people who have lost one or more teeth. The convenience, durability and recent innovations in implant design have made the process popular. Nevertheless, since implants need certain bone mass to integrate properly in the mouth, placing the dental implant is sometimes a…